Expecting a total inability from our government to produce any kind of meaningful Brexit strategy, I chose to spend 10 minutes devising my own plan upon hearing the result.
- Commitment to replace as-is trade agreements and legislation with no loss, using recouped membership fee to mitigate trade tariff implications.
- Committment to secure residency for EU nationals currently in the UK
- A ten year enhanced phase two trade agreement
- Form industry committees for agreement and analysis of replacement policies
- A bilateral public apology and acknowledgement of the campaign vitreal
- Public acknowledgement of the referendum being called predominantly for electioneering purposes
- Call an early general election for a political mandate in light of Cameron’s resignation, but also as a vote in confidence for the government, given its serious and consistent policy failures under Cameron
- Devise a mechanism to align a selective immigration policy with an economic policy, but also include housing, infrastructure, and public services.
- Offset investor uncertainty using corporation tax and interest rate amendments
- Invoke article 50
Maybe I could apply for a cabinet position?